dpWater – maps for managing water
Serving all phases of the network lifecycle
Managing large water and waste water networks requires access to detailed maps
dpWater provides this and much more. It is a web-based network information system where GIS maps build the foundation for serving all phases of the network lifecycle. The system becomes a central source, a hub, of the data needed to plan, build, operate and maintain your network. It also guides water utilities to make more intelligent investment decisions in system upgrades or modifications.
Efficient data management for both large and small companies
dpWater provides financial and organizational benefits to companies of all sizes. When you get access to the right information at the right time, you gain enhanced control of all technical processes.
All tasks and activities related to your water network are available in one place, with digital maps as a foundation. Every change made to the map is visible directly in the asset documentation, which is constantly updated by your field crews in real time via mobile devices.
The fully web-based design makes IT administration of the system highly cost effective by eliminating most client administration. Storing all data in a single, unified database simplifies both data integrity and security. The high quality of the network information also creates a better basis for maintenance and investment decisions.
Works smoothly with other systems
dpWater for water utilities is designed with interoperability in mind. You can easily integrate it with other systems, whether for operational activities like monitoring and control or commercial activities like finance and customer management. All data you enter in dpWater is automatically updated and available to all other systems and users in real time.
Support in demanding environments
Water and wastewater companies operate in ever-more demanding markets. Authorities are expanding regulations, end customers expect more detailed information, and system owners or operators want to maximize their revenue. Meeting these multiple demands is made easier by having access to consistent and accurate network data, any time you need it.
A single geographic database – less manual labor, higher accuracy
Existing information stored in binders, separate databases or files of individual employees must be transferred, digitized and stored centrally to ensure consistency and accuracy and make it accessible to all stakeholders at all times and from anywhere.
This places significant requirements on your network information management system. Despite the complexity of the network, the management system must be intuitive and easy to use.
The web-based user interface in dpWater can be configured and customized to your organization’s needs and processes – even to the preferences or requirements of individual users. Because the solution can be tailored, your users will need less training, get more quickly up to speed and maximize its features.
Simplified reporting for water utilities
Utility companies of all sizes face extensive requirements on reporting the operational status of their networks to governments and owners. Facilitating and automating this reporting saves time and allows personnel to focus on more important tasks.
Key features of dpWater
- Complete, web-based asset documentation for water, wastewater and signal networks in a single solution
- All information accessible in a single, unified database
- Administrator-driven design regarding selection of objects used in the network model, maps and user privileges/authority
- Customize user configurations regarding menus, maps, search functions and other parameters
- Scalable and upgradable to add modules for calculation, planning, maintenance and operation/interruption management
- Combine different kind of maps, raster and vector graphics and orthophoto with the network information map
- Network risk management
- Import and display of CCTV inspections.
- Complete web-based registration of all network objects
- Topology for water and wastewater network
- Automatic quality test and post algorithms ensure high-quality documentation
- Identify location of closest stop valve and affected customers using built up topology
- Complete lifecycle documentation using state management
- Redline capability to support new or occasional users
- Standard reports with simple export in formats such as Excel and PDF
Sign up for our newsletter
Get regular news and insights straight to your mailbox.